I give vast amounts of gratitude to my friends at The SportLab in Huntsville for posting this on their facebook page today. So good, just had to share. I may have had one for breakfast this morning...
High fibre, high protein, gluten-free, can be dairy-free, egg-free... but don't let that scare you. These things are easy and so, SO tasty. Oh, and they're actually pretty good for you.
1 ¼ cups chickpeas (or 1 can, drained and rinsed)
½ cup natural peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
¼ cup honey
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch or two of salt
2/3 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy-free if you need)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Puree chickpeas in a food processor. Scrape down the edges, and pulse again a few times until the "dough" is completely smooth.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients (except the dark chocolate chips). Puree!
4. Simply stir in the chocolate chips - no more whizzing.
5. Scoop out heaping spoonfuls of dough and drop them onto the parchment. Flatten them slightly with a fork.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes. Allow to completely cool before trying to move them or they might squish a bit or fall apart.