What a great week! There's been so much sharing and naturopathic love this past week. It's been great educating everyone on what we do, how we do it, and how we can help you. In case you're not quite sure if naturopathic medicine might be right for you, here's some reasons why an ND might be a good addition to your healthcare team:
1. We have lots of time. Bring your list(s). Go over each one. You're not limited to 6-8 minutes in a visit which means what's important to you is important to us. We listen, and listen intently, to get a full picture of you, not just the organ(s) you're complaining about.
2. Naturopathic medicine is effective for many conditions that may have left you "learning to live with it". Chronic diseases such as high cholesterol, diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure, chronic pain, IBS, migraines, or painful periods are all conditions that are treated or managed so effectively when you add an ND to the works.
3. If you want research, we'll give you research. I print out studies all the time for my patients and their family docs. Yes there's lots out there, and yes it's all real.
4. If you're facing long-term meds that might only bandaid an issue (i.e. migraines, cholesterol, hypertension, painful periods, etc), let's strike a compromise with your doc, set out a reasonable time frame to give alternative options a shot, and go from there.
5. What have you got to lose? Most health insurance plans provide coverage for naturopathic medicine. Most NDs will meet with you free of charge to see if you're a good fit. If their approach isn't what you're looking for or you don't jive, try another.
I hope many of you got to take advantage of all the information flying around this week! As always, any questions, just let me know.