The past couple of months have been nothing sort of insane. I feel like I finally have my feet back on the ground and updating here has been on the to-do list for quite some time!
We've all had those times of the year or month when things are "just too crazy at the moment." I'm no exception nor have I found a way to add a few hours to each day or an extra day to the week. There has been a move out of my beloved downtown Toronto and to the country (clinics are still the same!), the loss of a car and frantic search for a new one, a re-charging and amazing vacation, an engagement, and still there are so, so many boxes! I've had two migraines and eaten my body weight in local (Italian) cheese and handmade pasta. A mattress is in my home office at the moment, but so is the wine rack so it kind of balances out.
I went for my first run in two months. I stared into the lovely fall colours this morning as I sipped my Americano made from my awesome Italian stovetop espresso maker. I have not forgotten this challenge at all and I have no intention of letting it fall by the wayside. I simply need to reset and get back on the wagon. So, here we go.
Despite this crazy few months, there are SO many things that have happened that I am so unbelievably grateful for. I'm going to give myself a head-start. Here's the first 10 that came to mind and have been repeating in my head for the last while:
1. This new country life. It's so quiet and so peaceful;
2. My future husband (who is being so patient as I continue to say that at least 20 times a day, accompanied by a little happy dance, until it sinks in);
3. The amazing opportunity for our amazing vacation this year (pictured above). Boy, do I love Italy. The food... the FOOD;
4. The fall colours in Canada;
5. An Americano made with a Bialetti espresso maker;
6. Simple food. Cooking with fresh, simple ingredients on vacation really was incredible;
7. Crickets (and being able to hear crickets instead of streetcars);
8. Our three insane cats who are getting along better than ever in this new place;
9. Buying veggies straight from the farm;
10. All of your support while I took some time to just settle down!
I can't wait to find more little things or pay more attention to the ones that are already here. Follow along on Instagram, FaceBook, and/or Twitter for regular updates.
I challenge myself... a lot.